The most important thing about blogging is the fun of it. In as much as blogging is fun, you can make money (a lot of it) from blogging.
Making money with your own blog
Making money with your own blog is not that difficult. The sources of revenue that I introduce on this page are should be very useful for bloggers.
I run some blogs myself and can now live from blogging. Even if that is not possible overnight, here are some ways to earn money with your blog.
I discuss the pros and cons of each source of income and give tips from my own experience.
Writing to make money
For bloggers, it makes sense to earn money by writing articles. There are a few sites that do just that.
- You make money with what you like most: writing.
- Whether product review or travel report. There are always very interesting writing assignments.
- For paid topics the paid articles do not look like advertisements.
- This source of income works very well with relatively few visitors.
- It is not a permanent source of income. You always have to write new paid articles in order to earn money.
- Following up links in paid articles will bring in more money, but that also carries some risk, as Google does not like it.
Earn money through clicks (Advertising)
Advertising on your website is one of the easiest means to get money when you have a lot of visitors on your site. Of course the easiest way to make money with a blog is for sure Google AdSense. Once installed, Google optimizes the ads on its own. You do not have to do anything anymore.
You earn money each time a visitor clicks on an AdSense ad. In this way, you can make up to € 1,000 a month.
Unfortunately, there is currently no real alternative to Google AdSense. Media.Net is a good alternative to Google Adsense and it is worth trying.
You won’t certainly have these clicks if you don’t have many people visiting your website on daily bases. Pinterest gives you the chance to have up to 100,000 daily visitors on your blog. Find out how to do this.
- Quick and easy to install.
- Automatic adaptation of advertising to visitors and content.
- Fast and reliable payout.
- Earnings per click vary greatly depending on the topic and your traffic.
- It takes quite a good number of visitors to make it worthwhile.
- Do not click on the AdSense links yourself or actively ask the readers to do so. Otherwise you will fly out of AdSense.
- It takes quite a few visitors to make banner advertising worthwhile. For every 1,000 page views you usually get less than 1 Euro.
- One has partially only limited influence on the advertisement, which is indicated.
Make money with product recommendations (Affiliate Marketing)
Many bloggers write about products, share their experiences, and share information. It makes sense to provide your readers with product recommendations.
With the help of the so-called Affiliate Marketing one can earn money by recommending products. You simply sign up for a suitable affiliate program and then integrate special affiliate links or banners into your blog.
If a reader clicks on it and then buys something in the relevant shop, the blogger gets a commission credited.
There are a number of individual affiliate programs, e.g Amazone Associates If you clicked on the above Amazon Associates link, you were taken to a page containing laptops. That is an example of affiliate marketing. There are other affiliate program like Terraleads and Wide Market
- Participation in affiliate networks and affiliate programs is completely free.
- Affiliate marketing offers high revenue opportunities.
- There is also a partner program for almost every product.
- Your visitors should be ready or portray a certain level of readiness to purchase a product.
- You have to be sensitive to find the right product recommendations for your readers.
This source of income is very simple and lucrative. Links from other websites are still very important to be high on Google. That’s why many website owners buy or rent backlinks in blogs.
- Very fast and easy to install. No further maintenance effort.
- Very lucrative. A single paid link can bring in 30, 40 or more euros per month.
- Since Google does not like that, you should not overdo it and make it public.
- One should be aware that it is a certain risk to use this source of income, as Google certainly makes with penalties.
More advanced sources of income
Anyone who is already a little more experienced and has higher traffic on his blog, can fall back on other worthwhile sources of revenue.
These include, for example, his own products that are sold on his blog. Particularly popular are eBooks, which are created to match the theme of your own blog.
Another possibility is the direct marketing. This refers to the direct rental of advertising banners to companies. This saves you the middleman and earns more.
Memberships sites are certainly the most lucrative source of revenue. On such sites, you can offer high-quality content for money. However, you need a certain expert status and a long reach.
Depending on your blogging niche, you should choose what is best for you. You will certainly never have Google AdSense if you blog on adult content. Affiliate marketing could work best for you.
Hope this articles was helpful to you. Feel free to add you comment below