Many men seek for big arms filled with muscles. But unfortunately, many of them give up on their quest because they don’t see results after several months of working their arms. The truth is that they don’t to do it the right way.
A complete workout includes Legs, Abs, Arms and Back. Bellow are exercise that have been carefully choses in order to work all muscles present in the arm in a less strenuous but yet effective way, so that you can start seeing significant result after a week of workout. You are strongly advised to read out beginner guide to body workout to see the food stuffs and other perquisites of a good workout.
If you want muscular, strong, and defined arms that you can be proud of, then you want to do these arm exercises and workouts.
Before looking at these exercises, it is important to consider the anatomy of the arm muscles.
The arm is made of many muscles of different sizes. A good arm exercises lays emphasis on the biceps, the triceps, the the smaller muscles in the lower arm.
Our exercises have carefully been chosen to workout all these very crucial muscles in a optimized way, so that you can see very significant results in the least possible time.
Here is the arms you should expects in a month if you do a 30 minutes daily exercise with a combination of at least three of the exercise which we are recommending to you.
It is time to get cracking.
10+ Best Most Effective Arm Workout Exercises
Dips are a great exercise for triceps, and can be done in parallel or even heavy bars.
You will need a flat bank for this:
- Place your hands on the edge of the bench, slightly behind your torso, and place your legs straight in front of you to rest on your heels.
- Lower your body (only using your arms) until your elbows are at an angle of 90 degrees and parallel to the floor.
- Lift your body, always using only your arms, then repeat
2. Close-Grip Curl
Curl with your hands within the width of your shoulders, in the middle of the bar.
3. One arm dumbbell preacher curl
Perform this exercise while sitting, as an excellent exercise to isolate an arm and hit the hard biceps.
You will need a dumbbell with comfortable weight and a preacher’s bench.
- Sit down, rest your elbows on the pads while your arm is extended
- Roll the dumbbell in the chest
- Lower the dumbbell, then repeat
4. Close grip barbell bench press
It is ideal for the construction of triceps, and an easy inclusion for the “day of the chest”.
You will need a flat bench under a squats rack, with a bar on top of your bench with a comfortable weight
- Lie on the bench with your feet on the floor and hold the bar with a firm hold, lifting it off the shelf
- Make sure the bar is aligned with your chest
- lift up then lower the bar up your chest, but avoid touching yourself
- Lift the bar to the starting position and redo the exercise several times
The barbell curl has been a staple of bodybuilding for more than a century for a good reason: it is one of the best bicep builders you can do.
- Stand with your right torso while holding a bar shoulder-width apart. The palms of the hands should be forward and the elbows should be close to the torso. This will be your starting position.
- While holding the upper arms at rest, rub the weights forward while contracting the biceps while exhaling. Tip: Only the forearms should move.
- Continue the movement until your biceps are fully contracted and the bar is at shoulder level. Hold the contracted position for a second and tighten the hard biceps.
- Slowly start bringing the bar to the initial position where you started
Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
6. Close-Grip Push-up
This exercise is reputable for its efficiency. It works the biceps and triceps, and other muscles in the lower arm simultaneously.
Place your hands within shoulder width and lower your body until your chest is approximately one inch above the floor. To increase the difficulty, lift your feet on a bench or box.
Just like close-grip pushup, this exercise is reputable for its efficiency. It work the biceps and triceps, and other muscles in the lower arm simultaneously.
- Take the bar. Pick it up shoulder width. Solid handle with palms facing down.
Hang up Lift the feet off the ground by bending the knees. Hang with the correct arms.
- Pull. Shoot yourself by pulling your elbows towards the ground. Keep your elbows close.
- Pass the bar. Shoot all the way until your chin passes the bar. Do not do half repetitions.
- Repeat. Go down all the way until your arms are straight. Breathe. Pull-up again.
8. Behind-the-Back Cable Curl
Attach a D-handle to the lower pulley of a cable machine, grasp the handle with your left hand and move it (away from the machine) until there is tension in the cable and your arm is pulled slightly behind your body. Change your feet so that your right leg is in front. Position the handle, but do not allow your elbow to point forward.
9. Suspension Trainer Biceps Curl
Face the point of union of the trainer and grab the handles with the palms facing upwards. Lean back with your abs, straight body and arms outstretched in front of you. Roll your body to the handles.
10. Suspension Trainer Rotational Inverted Row
Hold the handles and lean back with your arms extended so that your body is supported by the suspension trainer and only your feet are on the ground. Lower your body and keep your body in a straight line. (The more you put the handles, the more difficult the exercise is, you can lift your feet to make it even harder). Start with the palms of your hands facing the feet and, as you recover the body, turn the wrists to place your palms up.
There are many other exercises you can try out but these 10 have been proven to be very effective. You can chose any three or more of the 10 and practice for 25-30 minutes daily and be sure that your arms will filled with muscles in less than a month.
Before starting your workout, we recommend that you read our brief introduction to body workout. You might also be interested in having 4 packs of abs. Here here the most effective abs exercises of all times